Categories

Pages

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Random observations and commentary

1. The Tottenham Hotspurs food poisoning debacle. Regardless of the fact Spurs request to have the match replayed have been rejected flat-out, I can imagine the scenarios (read: paranoia) popping up for future important matches. Next up: Liverpool vs West Ham. Could Harry Kewell possibly resist that Aussie meat pie that suspiciously gets made just for him on the eve of the FA Cup? Juicy steak, Sissoko? Would you like fries with that, Reina? Or are they gonna head to Cardiff with their own homecooked pasta, or better yet, canned baked beans?

2. Ja Ja and Saleem's wedding this Saturday. It was from the wedding invitation card I found out that Ja Ja's real name is Shazatul Hafiza. Pretty nifty name too! Hmm, I'm beginning to wonder if I hadn't made a mistake in choosing the guest to bring, it might create some minor commotion. Even better (or worse), I might bump into my brother, causing a whole different ruckus altogether.

3. Liverpool FA Cup. Incidentally at 11pm after the wedding. Rizal's offered to hole us up in his joint after, which is apparently on the map shown in the invitation card!!! As tempted as I am to follow suit, there's still the matter of my guest to consider... not sure if she'd be interested in joining the bunch of us at Rizal's....

4. GP KL part 3. Yeah, I drafted last night. Again. This time I drafted U-G-b, and this time went 2-1. Lost against Andy when his U-R-B deck went into stall mode, and milled me to death. When will I learn to draft those bloody signets higher!! Still, Simic Ragwurm + Ocular Halo = good times...

5. Lack of sleep. After I finished drafting (around 2:15am), we were off to the mamak. What was on? The UEFA Cup Final. I decided I couldn't be bothered sleeping, as, knowing me, I'll end up late to the office. So I watched, then went back (around 5am+), showered, watered the plants, warmed up an engine, then drove back to office, and slept in my parked car till 8. Right now, only the expectations of seeing someone during work is keeping me up...

Back to work... Laterz...

No comments: