Categories

Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

Week 2 - Part 2: Diving in!

Hello again. In this final post for the week we look at Defenders and Keepers, and my own team for the week!

Defenders

As mentioned in my first post for the season, CSes are only worth 2 points. One YC and you're back to zero again. So you need to look for attack minded players to help improve your score.


Darmian of Man U should be right up there. Very comfortable against Spurs and looked like he had been playing competitively in England for a while.

Cedric Soares is someone else who you can depend on for attacking points. A nice assist last week in a team that is bound to attack, especially at home.  He got a yellow card though so the jury is still out.

If you have money to spend then Ivanovic should be in your thoughts. Chelsea will attempt to play a stifling game against City. While CSes are not very valuable, at least Ivanovic is still a goal-scoring threat.



I wish I was confident enough to gamble on an Arsenal full-back. They are generally very attack-minded creatures, but between Bellerin v Debuchy, and Gibbs v Monreal, it’s too close to call, so I’ll be avoiding them in favour of certain starters.

Centreback options include Huth, Terry, Skrtel whom are all capable of a set piece headed goal. Skrtel has the better matchup. 

Goalies

You don't get any points for being a busy keeper. Therefore, Hart, Mignolet, Lloris and Fabiansi for the strong chance of CSs. Begovic for one game is not worth it in my opinion.

My team:




(Those were my goalkeepers from last week, was lucky to minimise the damage with Cech instead of Courtois har har). I brought in Sanchez this week for Ozil, and with my 8.6 spare units I am planning to bring in Aguero in week 4, making it 3 powerhouses in my team by September. For this week,  I have one transfer left and am seriously looking at Coutinho to Firminho, as I'm backing him to explode onto the scene, to the point that I might captain him. We'll see. 

Note: I'm really not sure whether the transfer window will close today or tomorrow. There has been no notification on their FB on the twitter page. I'm not convinced it's worth the risk of bringing in Manchester United (or Villa for that matter) players if you don't have them already, meaning their points might not count.

If I catch any bonus transfers in tonight's Football Countdown, I'll post it in the comments when I can. Feel free to share as well if you're early!

How's your team going? Good luck and all the best!

5 comments:

ExecutorAzmin said...

Codes for the week!

Bonus transfer: Rooney99
Euro: Lukaku38

nicholas said...

Thanks for the codes bro. Made a solid pick in Lewandowski as captain (1 goal 1 assist) but no update of his points yet on the Astro page :(

ExecutorAzmin said...

So did I, but on Saturday I realised I could still change my team which led me to believe that the points may not be included for this week, so I subbed Lew off :( Let's see after Monday, as the rules were unclear on this.

nicholas said...

Yeah I wrote to Astro fantasy yesterday to seek an explanation in regards to non awarded points for Lewa, Here's their reply:-

Query Ref - 226698
Date Updated - 15/08/2015 14:46:33

Update Information :

Hi there,
The issue we currently have with your team (and other teams who have Bayern Munich players) is that points have not been awarded to your team total.
As stated in the previous response, our technical team is investigating into this and you will receive points from Lewendoski shortly.
We are sorry if there has been any confusion and we hope that you will continue to enjoy the game.
Regards

--------------
To send additional messages about this query include the code [#S226698] in the subject of the email and send it to info@silentmanager.com. The email will then automatically be assigned to the correct query. If the code [#S226698] is not included in the subject line of your email it will be rejected.

Regards
PRAS
Support

ExecutorAzmin said...

Well done Nicholas. That's the best way to solve it of course, we shoukd ask the Stadium Astro team directly. :)