Categories

Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year's Resolution #1

To be a regular cinema patron

The second half of last year was horrible where movie-watching was concerned. I think I missed out on so many movies it became an embarassment everytime I had to withdraw from a movie conversation. Even now, I have yet to watch King Kong, Aeon Flux, Madagascar, etc...

I have to admit I get influenced by reviews that I read in the papers, or majority of opinions from friends or relatives, and in particular lately, Nauval, my favourite movie buff in his blog. More often than not, if the review's bad, I end up not watching the movie, despite having initial interest.

Furthermore, it's extremely annoying over here in Malaysia, where the Censorship Board rules, and you end up getting scenes chopped off for reasons that are both inconsistent and illogical.

But... cinema-going is an experience to enjoy. I remember watching movies like Hellboy, Star Wars Episode 3 and Spiderman 2 with my mates, and there were about 20 of us going for the show! Sometimes it's not just the movie that makes it fun...

So, a preliminary list of movies for 2006, off the top of my head:

1. X3
2. Pirates of the Carribean 2
3. V for Vendetta
4. Superman returns
5. Poseidon
6. Memoirs of a Geisha

Is Spiderman 3 in 2006? If so, add that in... again, it's just a prelim list, one I hope will grow as the movies for 2006 take off!

2 comments:

Nauval Yazid said...

spiderman 3 will be released in 2007, and it is intriguing to see your must-watch list there, as it begins with X3 and ends with ... Memoirs of a Geisha? talk about genre-crossing here! :D

ExecutorAzmin said...

Ha ha, I do have a variety...

Adding Pride and Prejudice to the list...