Categories

Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

What kind of person...?

Yesterday, I met a friend I hadn't met for months. I was never really close to her before, I just knew her casually. But I always knew her to be a happy cheery person, not hyperactive happy, just generally happy, sweet, always with a smile on her face.

Yesterday, she was different. Yesterday she had this sad look on her face. She was still smiling, but it was a sad smile. I felt sorry for her, yet not being close to her, I couldn't really help her. Fortunately, she had another to talk to, someone warm and sweet in her own unique way .

Later, I found out that her boyfriend, just turned ex, had been treating her like crap. Yelling at her. Calling her names. Making her feel useless. And worst of all, beating her.

I know I don't have all the facts, but if it's all true...

What kind of asshole is this? What kind of bastard gets off hitting their girlfriends, treating them like dirt? What kind of fucked-up prick can change that friend of mine so negatively? Is it possible at all to justify such behaviour?

Maybe I'm too judgmental here, I don't know. Maybe I don't know everything that's going on. Maybe I'm not used to hearing about these situations... Maybe I'm wrong to react like this...

But...

I'm not one for violent behaviour, but if I ever find this piece of shit...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally understand how that girl feel, being in a friendship that was abusive is a real bad thing.
Making you feel worthless all the time. I went through that myself.
She has to start picking up pieces of herself and gain her confidence back. I hope she'll be ok.
It's so good that the guy aka ASSHOLE is now an EX.
Tell your friend, if she want anyone to take care of the guy, contact me *wink*wink*

Hugs

Lady Aurora said...

I agree bout beating the crap out of this guy. No man should ever lift a finger against a woman. Ever. It's good that they're not together anymore, and I hope that she'll be able to put this behind and get on with life, and know that she can always count on her friends to support her through this.

mudster said...

A woman beater doesn't deserve anything. He's trash. Good for the girl, she doesn't need someone like that. One of my aunts had a husband like that a long time ago, and they got divorced. She's doing much better now.

muds~

Fina Thorpe-Willett said...

glad to know that they're no longer together. Abusive person should not have a relationship and dependent emotion toward others, unless it will hurt the other party. they should go for therapy if they want to be loved. they must learn how to have a normal human interaction and good interpersonal skill.

your friend my dear az, should know that she will be stronger after this trauma. and of course, she must confidence of her own ability to survive in this tough life. good that she at least know you...

triona said...

well, i was around when that happened. i know how she felt like. you just feel like you cant live without him so you dont want to break up with him. the guy was such a bastard to her. we all knew, yet none of us could do anything. it was entirely up to her. and even now, she wants him back. its a lot harder when your first love is abusive. its so much harder to say 'stop. i dont want this anymore!'