Categories

Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Sudden changes in routine

How do you deal with changes in your routine? Are you the type that accepts it in stride, easily adapting the new activities to your current routine? Or are you the type who struggles with the changes?

What about having something disappear suddenly from your routine, something you usually look forward to, but for one reason or another, you aren't able to do it anymore?

I've had to deal with such a situation recently. Mostly, I am able to accept such changes in stride. Mostly...

This one, I've had to take lots of time to adjust and despite my efforts, I keep thinking of the loss in routine, which admittedly was due to circumstances beyond my control.

Move on! Move on!

Moving on...

A possible new addition to my routine, once I get my work act together, is to run an RPG campaign. I've delayed for so long, and have people breathing down my neck because of it. I think that maybe I'm just trying too be too well-prepared. I remember the times when I used to just wing it and I recall I didn't do too badly.

My breakfast routine will be changing as well, because I just ran out of the Vegemite Rudy got me from Australia! So what's left on the menu... Think I'll go get some tuna this time! Yum!

My dear ex-KPMG cubicle-neighbour-gal Lim Soo Ling (I call her Sllimie) just phoned me. Whenver I hear her childish, whimsical voice I just wanna smile, considering that she's older than me! She's so darn cute and funny! I remember back in those days whenever she had something private to ask she'd write it on a little piece of paper and slip it through the gaps between our cubicle. We could just whisper but for some unfathomable reason we preferred this method. Hopefully will catch up with her sometime.

Falling asleep...now. Night night or, er, siang siang!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know how it feels.. loosing an activity in the routine cycle..
Got a little bit lost. There was an empty slot that I do not know what to do with.
Don't worry, you'll know what to do soon.

Hugs