Categories

Pages

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Road to GP KL part 1

Last Sunday was the 1st GP KL trial for the month.

I posted a 4-3 record with my R-G-B splash-one-plains-for-Mortify deck, a good result considering my relative freshness, but not good enough for the GP. Definitely have to turn up the power...

One problem I have is my current tendency of not being able to restrict my deck to 2 main colours splash one colour. Despite being a Barry disciple, I cannot afford to take unnecessary risks when the GP comes around.

Target: Day 2, Top 16

Very lofty ambitions, I admit. But one needs to think high before he can finish high.

P.S: I actually brought my old schoolfriend Ashraf along last Sunday. He was keen to see how Magic was played, and it definitely perked up his interest. Him working as a Doctor in JB could pose issues to a potential magic career though...

Let's draft people!!!

No comments: