Categories

Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Kissing 3 people before going to work!

On the 19th of September 2013, my awesome wife gave birth to another baby boy at the Wakaka complex in Universiy Hospital. Welcome, [name to be confirmed] to the world !

Minutes after arrival
It wasn't exactly smooth sailing this time, there were quite a few false alarms, even one of those incidents where we checked in to the hospital, were there for most of the day, only to be told that the baby's far from ready to enter the world proper. To top it off, mainly due to complications creating a concern on the baby's heart rate, the planned natural birth ended up becoming a c-section. But everything turned out fine in the end, for both Raudha and our baby. Alhamdulillah!



Props to family, friends and colleagues who gave us support during that tricky period. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Now I'm trying to relearn all the stuff I did back when Zharif arrived, even stuff like rocking the baby in the right way. The art of wrapping up the baby so that he'll feel comfortable continues to elude me. But heck, I'm trying!

Yes I am :p

One of our major concerns has been preparing big brother for the new arrival, and fortunately, Zharif has been handling the arrival of his baby brother pretty well.

Kissed his brother more times in 11 days than kissing his dad in 3 and a half years. The nerve!

There ARE a few items he's been reluctant to share, but otherwise he's been cool. He does seem to be a bit overprotective of his bro sometimes though, such as not allowing quite a few visitors to hold the baby, to the point of having a tantrum! He does calm down eventually, usually after a meal or milk, but there you go.


I've also taken Zharif out a couple of times during the weekend just to alleviate his restlessness and to give his mum some rest from handling two. My mother-in-law is also doing the same. He's generally been a darling, but his enthusiasm can get a wee bit exhausting for Raudha sometimes.  I even took him to select a sheep for his brother's aqiqah.

Plus a little bit of father-son bonding time with Zharif is always good :)

Having said that, my latest trip didn't exactly delight mummy though :p




Anyway, so there's my excuse for not posting for so long. Hope to get back to more regular posting soon. The disrupted sleeping hours will certainly help once I've gotten used to it.

I AM getting used to kissing 3 people before going to work now :)


No comments: