Categories

Pages

Friday, February 12, 2016

Week 25 Recap - It could have been worse

I started off Week 25 on a wrong note. I was helping out at a nikah on Saturday afternoon and totally lost track of time. Right around the captaincy deadline I was busy helping to pack wedding favours when I remembered that I might not have set up my captain. By the time I was able to log in it had gone past 7 and my captain was set at Aguero (This after having recommended everyone that Captaincy on the Euro players (except Lewandowski) was a sure thing as they were all facing relegation zone teams.

Turns out I had nothing to worry about. All the European teams involved had difficulties dispatching their opponents and as a result there were no goalfests anywhere. In fact, the only Euro player to score was Higuain and he only had one goal anyway, so accidentally leaving my captaincy on Aguero (who scored a consolation goal despite Manchester City losing to Leicester) worked out after all.
Speaking of which, that was one entertaining match and if there's one conclusion from it, it's that Leicester are serious title contenders. As mentioned last week, if you don't have Mahrez or Vardy, pick one up now (I didn't have either but I actually had Huth) and hold. Also, unlike the other title contenders, Leicester do not have ANY OTHER competition that they're involved in.

Other things to note for fantasy footballers:

- Without Shawcross and Cameron, Stoke's defense is falling apart. Pick their opponents until they fix it.
- Despite their resilience against Manchester City midweek, Sunderland's defense is still fragile, especially away.
- Manchester United' s offensive line is clicking at the moment
- Villa WON against Norwich.
- Everton have finally won back to back matches.
- Costa is doing well (I still hate him)
- Wimmer is an able deputy for Vertonghen in the Spurs defensive line.
- None of the deadline day transfers have made any immediate impact fantasy-wise as yet.
- Sanchez is not quite there yet, but he will be.

On a personal note, I still dropped a few more spots down to 88 (CNY lucky number?). My three transfers were Firmino (who did well), Ighalo (who didn't) and Martial (who also didn't but the move for him was really in preparation for next week's early match against Sunderland).  Yes, this also means I still have my Euro transfer as I decided I still wanted two striker slots to play with for now.

Finally, an early warning remember that after the mid-month Premier League break, Manchester City, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle all have no games due to the Capital One Cup final. Plan accordingly if you don't want to be stuck with players that aren't playing.

No comments: