Categories

Pages

Thursday, June 01, 2006

GP KL Parts 5-7

Yeah, I've missed a fair bit of updating and I don't think I'll be going into much detail anyway (splitting headache and work overload).

Parts 5 and 7 were draft, and I didn't do too well. I can't remember Part 5 no more, except I think I finished 2-1. As for Part 7, remember how I expounded on the power of Civic Wayfinder a few posts back? Well, here I violated my findings due to my private ongoing relationship with Halcyon Glare. Suffice to say, I screwed up soon afterwards as I ended up going green anyway. With both Ida (on my left) and Wan in Green on my right, I pretty much shafted myself.

Part 6 was another GP Trial for KL, and was somewhat a success, as I finished at 14th, going 4-1-2, helping to push up my Limited rating past the 1700 mark for the FIRST TIME EVER. HOWEVER, what cannot be ignored is the fact that I failed to make Top 8 due to TWO unforgiveable mistakes. First, the failure to mulligan a 1-land hand (yes, even though I had a Signet). Second, the failure to remember my Devouring Light had Convoke in its text. These are unforgiveable mistakes that cannot be repeated come the GP.

All jokes I aside, I am serious about making this year's GP KL a breakout success for myself. I am determined to reach my target. The only person that can stand in my way is myself.

Tonight should be one more draft, I doubt I'll be doing anymore on Friday.

Two more days...

No comments: