Categories

Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend Bites!

The Hobbit screening

Don't laugh. Yes, I finally watched it. I admit to being one of those fans who didn't see the need for it to be stretched to three parts, but it's no doubt a very beautiful movie. 

The only problem was throughout the show I kept imagining Bilbo Baggins on a journey not with 12 dwarves to regain their homeland, but with 4 other mates touring pubs across Middle-Earth. That's because Martin Freeman is in The World's End, of which I've already watched the trailer. Well, I only have myself to blame.

What? We're in the wrong movie?



Mom & Baby Expo at MidValley

So somehow I made it to this expo on Sunday after a pathetic attempt at weaseling myself out of going. I think Raudha saw right through me on this time around, but I guess it was Mother's Day so I relented.


As expected, the place was packed. Most of my energy was spent managing Zharif so he didn't get too attached to any of those display toys that the booth folk strategically placed within my kid's reach. Fortunately the only thing he got attached to was the free Enfa milk being given out. I believe he ended up downing 5 cups.

I still get uncomfortable standing around the booths while women around me are checking out nursing bras.

And of course, it's always fascinating to see that no matter how tired pregnant ladies might get, give them a reason to shop (especially involving their kids) and even the ones that could literally pop any time will be motoring along from stall to stall happily, lasting longer than the Energizer bunny.

The husbands, on the other hand, let's just say that at one point, I just sat on the floor to wait.

My dad on Facebook

Don't you find it disconcerting when you see your dad becoming more and more active on Facebook? I still do ha ha... Recently my dad became friends with someone called Bobo Sparklink. I was afraid of asking, but I did check online and I'm just relieved it's not the Bobo from that Sayang parody song, otherwise I'd be really worried....

Speaking of which, I hear he signed a contract with Metrowealth last week (Bobo that is, not my dad). Fair play and congratulations. I am curious to know what exactly he'll be doing, I'm sure you are too.

Richard Branson - Stewardess extraordinaire

So he finally honoured his bet. I'm quite impressed to be honest, I thought he might have wimped out. Oh well, the fun that rich people can do and get away with...

All the proceeds went to charity, so that's cool too.

I'm not posting any pictures due to copyright, but if you see what I've seen, do your best not to stab your eyes out ha ha... And Richard, don't give up your day job.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it's 13 dwarves, not 12 -.-

Nurul, the LOTR Nazi

ExecutorAzmin said...

Lol.. thanks. But Thorin doesn't seem like a dwarf in the movie, does he?