Categories

Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Weekend Bites: Week ending 26 May 2013


Hair Cut

So I finally had my hair cut on Saturday, which in theory could help me in my Fun Run on Sunday (more on that shortly). I didn't go bald this time, I wanted to remain on speaking terms with my wife ha ha...


The best reaction came from my kid of course. Upon seeing me at Metrojaya, he said "Daddy, what happened? Big hair.. gone!"

So that's how he's seen it all this time.

Running Weekend

As mentioned in my previous post, I signed up for the Standard Chartered Fun Run which took place yesterday, Sunday 26 May 2013. I car-pooled with my colleague Sherry (being the gentleman I am, she drove) and parked at the park and ride which was in Precinct 7, and took the bus from there. I must say I really appreciate the shuttle bus service , hopefully they have something similar for the KL run in June.

We met a few other friends at the event site. While waiting, I took a bite out of a power bar. Throat got itchy so I drank some water, which of course ended up in me having to take a trip to one of the portable toilets. The queue took a while, and at one point I thought the race would take off without me!

It started about 15 minutes later than scheduled, something to do with waiting for some VIPs... duh... Naturally the runners started getting anxious. Anyway flag off was around 7:15am. And away we went!

All in all, the run was quite okay. My main objective was to get to 6 km and maintain a running stance, and then figure it out from there. Scenery was a bit dull, and the sun was blazing about halfway in. Fortunately I achieved my target, and

On a side note, since it was a fun-run, some came in fancy dress (not that many really) and one even ran bare-footed in pyjamas!

Had to cover the silver dude to be safe :p



I clocked at 8:39am which meant I'd ran for about one and a half hours. The cool bit was at the final stretch where music was blasting. As I approached the final stretch, GNR's Sweet Child of Mine came on. It was a sign for me to sprint to the finishing line, which I did with gusto!


The finishing line. Yay!

I celebrated by downing complimentary cups and cups of 100 Plus.

My current target is to get to 90 minutes for the Standard Chartered Kuala Lumpur. That's a month away, so I need to keep up with regular exercise.

Amy's Baking Company

On a totally unrelated note... Ok, so I'm late to the party with this one, but I thought I'd share this video anyway:



I don't run a business (yet) so what do I know? But seriously, I believe if you can't trust any of your staff to do the work they could and should be doing, either you find new staff or you shouldn't run a business involving other people.

Of course I'm sure there's some embellishment, it's a TV show after all, but there's only so much you can enhance. And for once, even Gordon Ramsey was defeated!

Ultimately, hope people can learn from these mistakes. I've shared it here for educational purposes instead of just pure entertainment.



No comments: