Categories

Pages

Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Ender's Game is coming!

I'm not sure how I managed to miss this in my movie post a few days ago, but I did, and the fanboy in me is finding it hard to forgive this slight. Apologies regardless! Coming out November 1st 2013:

Ender's Game







Despite it being one of my favourite Sci-Fi books of all time, I must admit to being quite late to the party. I had read so many others, Silverberg, Gibson, Phillip K Dick, Niven, Clarke and Herbert before arriving at Orson Scott Card’s masterpiece. Better late than never, it was an amazing read.

This book is NOT easy to translate on to the big screen, and I’m sure many fans would agree with me. The main focus of the book is on children, and therein lies the risk, as the story is no more a children’s story than Dune is. And, of course, it is inevitable that parallel lines will be drawn with movies like the Harry Potter series. (God forbid!)  In fact, the way I look at it, Ender’s Game reads a lot more like a psychological thriller than a Sci-Fi book.  

I hope they translate it well. I recommend that those of you interested but have not read the book should read it first.

‘Till November 1st !!!

No comments: