Categories

Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

The Man That Just Stood There...


It was not too long ago
I walked towards Dang Wangi
The first time that I saw this man
The focus of this story.

On Jalan Sultan Ismail
A man in waiting mode
Doesn’t look poor, doesn’t look rich
Just standing by the road.

Not sad but neither does he smile
No emotion on his face
All he does is look and wait
He just stays in his place.

I find out from my work-lunch mates
He’s always there you know
But I tell them that can’t be right
Surely he’s got somewhere to go.

Yet every time I take that route
That area’s where he’ll be
Sometimes he sits, sometimes he stands
He’s always there, you’ll see.

Sometimes he looks at the monorail
Sometimes he looks at the sky
I wonder what he’s waiting for
There must be a reason why

I hope that I’ll be brave one day
And ask him what’s his story
Maybe that’s all he really wants
To know that people worry.

But till that day I’ll speculate
Maybe write a tale or two
Of who he is and why he’s there
With not a word that’s true.

So if you’re ever in KL
Take a look but please don’t stare
Underneath the Bukit Nanas monorail
The man that just stood there…

No comments: