Categories

Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend Bites: 3rd week of May


Another kids’ playground

Visited 1 Mont Kiara for the first time as we were attending a relative’s birthday party. It was held at the Young Explorer Gym right at the top floor. Here’s a link:


There’s a few components in this place, it has a Gymnastic Gym, a Montessori Play Group and an Adventure Maze. The Adventure Maze which takes up the most space is quite an amazing place. Lots of fun structures for kids to explore and try out, from tunnels, rope bridges, sliding poles, climbing rungs, etc. Zharif enjoyed it, but had trouble with some of the structures. He definitely tried his darndest.



Turns out 3 years old is the minimum age  for the Adventure Maze so I can see why it was quite challenging.

The only problem for the Adventure Maze is that it feels very expensive for a one-off visit. RM38 for 3 hours is really pricey, and even for members it’s RM30.

I guess I’ll wait for the Groupon deal.


Mind Your Language revision

I don’t remember what bug I caught, but I’ve been watching numerous Mind Your Language episodes on YouTube for the whole of last week. Some of the episodes are downright hilarious and it’s nice to be able to go back to a time when political correctness didn’t have a larger than life presence. The show was full of fun stereotypes, which ironically, was what led to its eventual cancellation.

Here’s a favourite of mine (Look out for Giovanni’s national costume!) :



BPL football season ends


On my Facebook status, 5 days ago I wrote this:

"With this morning's results, last day of the Premiership has shaped up to be the most boring last day that I can remember, with only 1 CL spot for contention..."

Well for the typical spectator like me, this may be so. However, for some of the clubs, a good deal of money was at stake. Take Fulham for instance. If they had lost in this last match, they would’ve ended up on 16th and received about 3.8mill pounds. However, since they won, they finished on 12th and received 6.8 million pounds instead. That’s 3mill more.

This may be chickenfeed to the Chelsea’s and Man City’s of this world, but that’s a big deal for these smaller clubs. And if they can find acquire a key player with that extra cash, it would be a massive boost.

Let's see who lands next season's Michu.

Flat tyres


I found out on Friday at KLIA that sometimes a flat tyre won't budge even after I had removed all the nuts. I've replaced a good fair share of tyres over my 13 years of driving, but never had this problem. Apparently some car tyres over time tend to stick so I needed to give them a good kicking to shake them loose. Took me 1 tour organiser, 4 security guards, 2 airport personnel and multiple phone calls to figure this out.

It doesn't help when the car's not yours either. I actually thought there was some additional lever/screw somewhere...

No comments: