Categories

Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Missed out on so many posts...

It doesn't help that I don't have any real access to the Internet at my USJ home (apart from the hijacking of other people's wifis, which works only occasionally...). Right now I've got enough material on me to write on a daily basis, if I can just get the resources. I don't want to be spending afterhours at the office writing on me blog.

For instance, there's the Horror Birthday Party that my cousin hosted for her daughter, Alia, which turned out to be quite fun (or maybe I just like scaring kids, go figure ha ha). More importantly, it was the first time I finally got to fulfill a long-held dream of mine, which is to dress up as a zombie. It was a bit of a rush job though, so hopefully I'll get another chance to do it, and look better (er... or maybe NOT look better, depending on how one views this activity ha ha)

Then of course there's the EURO Football. A little treatise follows:

As you well know if you've been following the tournament, Portugal, Turkey, Croatia and Germany, Holland, and Spain have all qualified. The Group of Death has lived up to its billing, with every team in it still in with a chance. In Group D, it's Sweden vs Russia, while Greece, once and for all, have proven once again that their EURO 2004 was a fluke.

My original prediction for the Group of Death was for Holland and France to make it through. Holland have, but I admit, after watching quite a fair bit of the previous France and Italy matches, I'd say that Italy are more likely to make it through as in both their matches, they've created chance after chance but just could not score. France looked better in the 2nd match, but the way they conceded the third goal to the Dutch, mere seconds after they themselves scored, showed that new blood is needed, and needed fast.

As for the the other Group C match, it'll be interesting to see what side Van Basten puts out tonight. I think it's a fair bet to say that players like Robben, Sneidjer and Kuyt will not see a lot of minutes, given their style of play which is entertaining yet ultimately exhausting. At the same time players like Robben and RvP will definitely get more minutes, as they work their way to full fitness. Clearly the Dutch will be out to win, as they will want to restore some of their pride after Romania qualified ahead of them in the qualifying stage. But it is NOT their priority. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Romania coach outwits the Dutch again...

Oh one more thing:

*touches left side of nose with index finger* *snorts*

Later! 

No comments: