Categories

Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Spain v Italy

So much for my pride ha ha... When the Group Stages started I had predicted who would progress to the quarterfinals. I had achieved perfect scores for 3 out of the 4 groups, the mistake being from the Group of Death, where I predicted France to go through instead of Italy. That success has now been officially blown out of the water after 3 out of 4 predictions for the semifinals teams were proven wrong! Having said that, I am happy for Russia they played verrry well indeed!

I am not afraid of jinxing my favourites to win the tournament though. Spain is going to win tonight, I am absolutely convinced of that, but for them to do so they will need to make a few changes. These changes are right in the middle of the park.

Alonso and Fabregas need to come on for Senna and Iniesta. Aragones is gonna have to be brave. The former two have proved in their appearances that their passing has vision and will be key to unlocking the ageing Italy defense. Italy can score, and Spain's defense isn't exactly stellar (they've conceded in every match) so simply put, what they need to do is score more.

Tonight will be a time for Torres (pic) to shine. After enduring the rough and tumble of the Premier League defence community, he will be at ease against the nonsense tactics of Italy's central defense.

3-0 to Spain, and Italy can shove it!