Categories

Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

Surprise Surprise!

Well, well, Germany winning was definitely not what I expected.

Having accidentally slept for about 3 hours from 6pm onwards, I figured I'd be able to get enough sleep in order to wake up and watch the match. So close to 1am I went to sleep again, with alarm set to 2:45am. By the time I dragged myself out of consciousness, it was 3:25am and I watched a few minutes of the match before the first half ended. The scoreline did give a bit of a shock to the system (Germany were leading 2-1) but unfortunately it wasn't enough to drag me through 15 minutes of hazy halftime gibberish and I promptly fell asleep on the sofa. Woke up again, saw the match had ended, and dived back into dreamland.

Turns out Low had spotted the same problem with the strikers, and dropped Gomez. Podolski was fit (a bit of German smokescreen, perhaps :P ) But it was the Bayern connection Schweinsteiger-Klose-Ballack that made it count.

Congrats to Germany, and I'm actually glad that Portugal didn't make it through, simply because I'm tired of the over-the-top focus on Cristiano Ronaldo.

Will post for the Croatia-Turkey match later...

(yeah, changed my blog look yet again)

No comments: