Categories

Pages

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

The Subs and Transfers Strategy - Illustrated

Before I start, I just want to point out that I’m in no way a great fantasy football player. I have Firmino because of Liverpool bias, for example. I went for Sanchez because I have him in a fantasy draft league. And I’ve had Hazard since the start (sad but true).

In fact, I’m sure most of you at the top have already figured out how to use the subs and transfers optimally in the MyEG Stadium Astro BPL game, which is what today’s article is supposed to help illustrate (after I went through the theory in the post: Maximising points while following rules last week). If you already know all this, then feel free to disregard the rest of this article. For those of you who don’t, well, it’s a chance for you to catch up!


Basic Method

So here’s what I did on the Gameweek 4 weekend. I do apologise for totally forgetting to do  screenshots so hope you’ll bear with the written word:

My team before Saturday’s matches:

Cech
Darmian Kolarov Huth
Sanchez Hazard Ritchie Firmino
Wilson Deeney Aguero
Manager: Pellegrini
Bench: Fabianski Soares Mane Lewandowski

After the first match (Newcastle – Arsenal) finished but before the second match started, I did the following:
Transfer: Sanchez to Mahrez

After the second batch of matches started but before the third match, I did the following:
Sub: Wilson to Lewandowski
Transfer: Deeney to Kane
Transfer: Cech to Lloris

On Sunday, before the first match:
Sub: Mahrez to Mane
Sub: Huth to Soares

After the first match, before the second:
Sub: Lloris to Fabianski

Note: I made sure the respective players started before initiating the transfers.

So, as a result I was able to get points from 19 players. That’s 12 (including the manager) + 4 subs (1 GK, 1 Def, 1 Mid, 1 For) and 3 transfers. That’s 7 more than the original 12!

Things to remember

Now, obviously you’re not going to max out if one of the players that you had before the game week started is injured. But you should try your best.

If you’re going to do this, then you also need to make sure each type of player you have (goalkeeper, defender, midfielder, forward) don’t all play at the same time. For instance, if all your 4 strikers (3 starting + 1 sub) all play at 10pm kick off time, then you’ll only get to use 3 of them. Or both your keepers play at 7:45pm. And so on.

So how do you ensure this doesn’t happen? The answer: You need to plan ahead. Look at next week’s fixtures, and see if any of your planned transfers for THIS week will cause that problem. I picked up Lloris knowing Spurs play on Sunday 8:30pm next week, while Fabianski plays on Saturday 10pm. I wouldn’t pick up Hart, for example, because he plays at the same time as Fabianski.

Yes, this part is a bit tricky, but if you plan properly you can make it work most weeks. Let’s face it, you don’t want to see your benched striker scoring a hat-trick but you couldn’t start him because you had no space!

Note: Of course, you still need to judge yourself whether or not the players you transfer in will do well. That's your call!

And that’s it for now. You might  need to read this article a few times to make heads or tails of it. Feel free to contact me on FB or here if you need to clarify anything. There’s no game week this weekend. Enjoy the international break, and let's try to digest how the transfer window will affect our teams!

No comments: