Categories

Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Getting ready for the second child

It's been a while since my last post! Since then, we've had a whole fasting month followed by Hari Raya, but now I'm back!

Baby Brother Incoming!


We finally started cleaning up this week to prepare for the coming of our second child. The calculated date is 16th September which is one month from now, and will probably be earlier, and boy have we got lots to do! I think I may have fallen into a complacency trap, i.e. we got through the first one okay, we'll be fine this time. Fortunately, Raudha has a bit more foresight on this and mobilised faster.

I'm starting to think at this point, Zharif (our first) is more prepared for the baby than we are! He appears to demonstrate a lot of affection for the babies in my extended family every time he sees them. It used to worry me heaps about Zharif's reaction when our next baby arrives, but when I see something like this (pictures courtesy of baby's mummy Zaza) :






I feel so much better.

During Raya, in Batu Pahat, he would zikir, sing songs and pat baby Sofea gently and softly with such tender care there was once I might have shed a tear just watching. And when she visited in KL, he did the same too.

Of course, one can't be 100% sure, especially when Zharif sees the amount of attention Mummy will be giving his baby brother, but I have a really good feeling right now. And you can bet we'll be getting Zharif to help out as well.

Anyway, one thing I'm hoping to do is that as soon as both mum and our newborn are ready and able, I want to travel. It'll be neat to take a short trip somewhere with our latest addition to the family. But where shall we go? I've got a few ideas, let's see how we go...

First thing's first though!


No comments: