Categories

Pages

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Problems in the world we live in ..and how perspective changes our thinking

A couple of hours ago Fi smsed me from Indonesia telling me a bomb was set off outside the Australian Embassy in Jakarta this morning. There were casualties (at least 6, all Indonesian) and hundreds injured. And for what? I don't know... sometimes I just don't know...

It's always outrageous that despite our advancements and developments in our modern world, there remains an inherent evil in the human race that continues to show itself and result in these tragedies. The recent Russian incident was probably one of the worst terrorism incidents I've heard when you consider the fact that they were holding 100s of children hostage. Stupid, fucking idiots...

The Indonesian incident is all the more shocking to me for the simple fact that there are people I know, people I love, who are living in Indonesia right now. Fortunately, they have told me that they are okay, as well as their families and their friends. My condolescences go out to anyone who reads this who have suffered any losses in this tragedy.

Suddenly, my other problems seem trivial in comparison...





No comments: