Categories

Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Six hrs of fun!

Preliminary intro: A story of what transpired at my relative's house while I was guesting there. Apologies, it's quite lengthy!!

Six hours of fun!

It's 12:30 am at my cousin's place
Working relaxed at my own sweet pace
My cousin however is supposed to prepare
A slide show, but with no time to spare

It took her a quarter of an hour
Just to find an opening song!
It urned her quickly from sweet to sour
And already something's gone wrong

But then her handphone began to ring
Her boyfriend called to say Hi!
And of course she began to sing
Her work? Kiss it goodbye...

And now she's begun to concentrate
And thinking of what to write
I just hope it's not too late
To do it all in one night

Her first slide says 1990
Then suddenly: "What have I done?"
Her stress really amuses me
I'm having so much fun!

Her second slide says dot dot dot
I thought to myself, "What the hell?"
Apparently it's for an emotional spot
Well it makes me want to yell

Ha ha guess what just transpired
We sneaked out of the house
We went to meet, though we were tired
My cousin's future spouse!

Actually I thought the boyfriend was okay
Nazrul was his name
Unfortunately we didn't have much to say
But that's cause someone came...

Her brother-in-law was out also
Working on in the late hours
Yet of all the restaurants he could go
He had to go to ours!

We pretended not to see him
And looked the other way
But escaping off seemed rather slim
He seemed to be there to stay!

He didn't seem to see us though
As we walked out the shop
He had some work, concentrating so
Didn't yell at us to stop

She then had to say her warm goodbyes
The boyfriend did as well
And watching these two with my own eyes
There's something there, I can tell

Despite the risks we had to take
Her face was full of bliss
But when we got home her mum was awake
Suspecting something amiss

Fortunately it turned out as such:
She just asked why it took so long
My cousin scolded her for worrying too much
That something might go wrong

The brother-in-law then came back
About 30 minutes later
I diverted him off to another tack
The less he knew the better!

Finally we got back to the prowl
To make our work complete
But then her stomach started to growl
Once again, we went to eat!

We finally stopped work at around four
Though her work was still in a heap
My cousin couldn't stay up no more
And soon was fast asleep!

But then there was still a lot to do
Though she's not giving up the fight
Well, my cousin, this one's for you
Hope everything turns out right!

No comments: