Categories

Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Vine Trellis

Excerpt from Emily Climbs, L.M. Montgomery.

"Am I pig-headed?
"I know I am determined, and Aunt Elizabeth says I am stubborn. But pig-headedness is worse than either of those. Determination is a good quality and even stubbornness has a saving grace in it if you have a little gumption as well. But a pig-headed person is one who is too stupid to see or understand the foolishness of a certain course and insists on taking it, insists, in short, on running full tilt into a stone wall.
"No, I am not pig-headed. I accept stone walls.
"But I take a good deal of convincing that they are stone walls and not cardboard imitations. Therefore, I am a little stubborn"

On Saturday I accepted a stone wall. It was very hard to do, but sometimes you just have to admit defeat. There is only so much you can do...

Guess I can't take that road after all. *sad smile* C'est la vie...




No comments: