Categories

Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2005

The road is of nice aspirations...

Re-established contact with Joseph Low, our erstwhile magic player from yesteryear. Currently he's in Miri, providing technical support for exploration work in Shell. Heya Joe!!!

A while back, he was one of our regular drafters. Our best memories were Onslaught block, where at one point I was opening the card Cruel Revival one too many times in draft to the extent he actually accuses me of hiding Cruel Revival in my pants!

It got to a point where to prove him wrong, I got Raj to sit behind me in a draft, and lo and behold my pack contained a Cruel Revival. I showed it to Raj, smiled, and proceeded to slam it down. But then Raj reminded me to at least check the other cards first... I apologised, and checked, and guess what I found: bloody Exalted Angel!!! I immediately changed my pick, and passed the Cruel around. But I proved my point, and dispelled the fact that I did NOT have a Cruel Revival in my pants , heh...

Then there was the time where Ahmad stopped playing Magic to play Warhammer. We were all ribbing him about it, until Joseph came up with the classic comment "yes we all know how you feel about Marines and their Privates!!!" Funny man...

And what Magic player could forget this: "The ladies have always commented on my sprouting vines prowess, but for 4 is unprecedented!!!!" HA ha ha ha...

All in all, we had great memories with Joseph, his deadpan humour was wicked, master drafter, and all around great guy.

And I'm still sorry bout the Chrome Mox!!! Really!!!

No comments: