Categories

Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Take random individuals, open neck arteries

Part A: Magic

On Tuesday, we had our first beginner draft training session at WGS!

Participants Trainers

1. Triona Me
2. Andy Raj
3. Dawn Loco
4. Shaz Johan

Although during the draft I was concentrating on what Triona was doing, it was easy to notice a few things throughout the draft. Firstly, after the Honden of Seeing Winds came back, it was obvious that either: a) no one else was playing blue, or b) no one realised just how powerful the Honden card was (Drawing two cards a turn is amazing!) Turns out a) was true !

Secondly, black seemed to be overdrafted as the quality of black ran out both from Triona's right (Andy) and left (Dawn). Later, I found out they were both in those colours as well.

In the end, Triona's deck had blue as a primary colour and red and black as equal secondary colours. Not exactly a preferred draft deck colour distribution but she didn't really have much choice in the matter.

Fortunately, she didn't run into any mana issues in her first few games and has so far managed to do well! Hopefully, she can keep it up! G'luck Triona!

Part B: A girl named Kat

She's been bugging me for quite awhile now to mention her name in my blog... I've been refraining for awhile to talk about her as I felt it was still too early, but....

Where to start, girl! Help me out here!

Kat's a writer. She does a lot of freelance work for some magazines and has been in Malaysia for quite a while now. I've known her for about two years now, but I've only become much closer to her recently...

I haven't really introduced her to the rest of my friends yet (Sorry dear!) but that's more to unavailability more than anything else). Having said that, some of you may have spoken to her when she picks up my calls.

Actually, now that I think of it, maybe next Wednesday might be a good time to introduce her to y'all!

Till then...

No comments: