Categories

Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2006

YFF week 37!

It's almost to the end of the EPL season, and it looks fairly likely that Liverpool are going to finish 3rd, whilst my YFF team looks set to be runner-up, unless I do a Charlton!

I'm actually quite happy with the way Liverpool are going, although I admit there are STILL a few loose ends. The striker department, f'r instance, needs work. The thing is, by reputation, Morientes is a revelation, yet his performance this season has been mystifying. Yet, at the end of the day, I'm not sure I'd want to let go of any of the strikers, even Cisse.

Okay, my team as it stands, I've gone for a 3-5-2 lineup, coz I wanted to fit in an attacking Bolton player in, and I despise Davies.

Adebayor: He's stayed in my team last week despite the single match for the simple fact that he's not involved in the CL, and his physical. The only reason i can come up with him for not starting the last match is because of the double match week in the previous week, where he started both games.

Baros: Haveta admit some uncertainty with him due to a sad performance against Wigan. I've kept him coz I got him cheap, plus Man C are generally pathetic away from home, and with Milner around, he's generally a good buy.

Gerrard: My captain has returned, although I'll need to watch the FA Cup first before deciding whether I should keep him. Incidentally, DIE CHELSEA!!!

D'Alessandro: The Harry Redknapp find of the season. Portsmouth are gonna go all out to survive relegation, and D'Alessandro is going to be key to that.

Dyer: He's here coz of recent injuries to Newcastle's frontline, giving rise to the possibility of Dyer being used as a support striker, if not outright. I wanna be part of Newcastle's resurgence, 4 wins on the trot is no joke, and Dyer's a cheap pick if you wanna join in!

Nolan: The rot has got to stop, and at the Reebok against Charlton is the right time to do it, esp. with Young, Spector and Hreidarsson out. I originally wanted to get Stelios, (despite getting screwed for it last week) but Nolan's come out on the Bolton website vowing to get back into the scoresheet. It might not necessarily translate into goals, but it should definitely translate into SOTs.

Solano: The free-kick/corner taker of Newcastle is sky high at the moment and totally enjoying his football. Hopefully I'll cash in here AS well AS Dyer.

Bridge: Needs to continue to prove his worth to Sven Goran Eriksson, and after a week of rest, he should be raring to go.

McCartney: Sunderland's defenders have generally done fairly well recently points-wise, mostly coz they have to fend off onslaught after onslaught, but McCartney's the only guy I'm confident will start. That being said, this pick is anything but final.

Scharner: This guy goes up and down like no one's business. When he score, BOY he scores. When he doesn't, BOY he doesn't. That said, this week should be the "BOY he scores' week.

Reina: Hey I had the funds, so why the heck not??

My main dilemma now is whether I should convert Reina to Kiely, giving me the funds to upgrade Dyer, depending on his starting status. Other than that, I'm pretty happy right now!

No comments: