Categories

Pages

Monday, April 24, 2006

The Return... of the Sleepy Jedi

More weekend happenings!!! Yes there's more!!!

Considering I had to work Saturday morning, a weekend could not start any worse. Fortunately, I got the things I wanted to complete done by 1pm, and zoomed off together with Fendy (mere coincidence really). Since my favourite office person was on leave, there was no reason for me to linger at all!

I don't go often, which would probably explain things, but MidValley seems to morph everytime I go there. When was this Boulevard Hotel built, for example?? Anyways, I got there in time for the 2nd session, and registered quickly.

2nd session of what, you ask??? Well, it's the Magic CCG: Dissension pre-release, and it signals my return to pre-release events. I had originally given up on pre-release events coz I found it quite a fair bit of money to spend, even if playing only one session (there are four). At RM60-RM70 per session (cheaper if you play more sessions), and only four rounds/session, it seems rather hefty. Typically, a PTQ or GPT limited at around the same price would last you the whole day!!!

So, if that's the case, then why am I back, aside from my Magic Reawakening?

The answer: The WGS contingent!!!!

Wolf's Game Shop has grown. In numbers, in business, in reputation. As such, we numbered 20+ during the weekend. And we are, hands down, one of the most happening groups in Magic today!!! We've even converted some CC faithful, esp. after they saw just how fun we were!!!

With so many interesting characters, how could you NOT want to be part of it?

Let's find some examples of peeps in our squad:

1. The loyal Chelsea man who calls himself "the diamond of the industry" and "the king of bling bling"
2. SUPERMAN
3. A father-daughter gaming duo!
4. The loud dude who talks so much crap an opponent can a) forget to look at his (or her, ha ha) cards before start of play, and b) forget it's a serious match entirely!!! If you can't hear him, he's probably asleep!
5. Hot girls with lesbian tendencies... say no more...
6. The Sleepy Jedi who believes in a a mana-God named Barry (and, as a result, calls his name in the middle of tournaments for land)
7. A pirate in every sense of the word!

Of course, having a monopoly on the female gamers is a plus too... ha ha...

Anyways, I recorded an impressive 3-1 result, although I admit, my deck was fantastic. I can't complain anything about my deck, despite the even 3-colour split + 1. My only complaint of the tourney would be that I didn't score anything valuable of note. Nope, no dual lands...

But it was a great day out and enjoyable no less! Looking forward to more tourneys as part of the WGS contingent!

Oh cripes, I haven't gotten to Sunday evening yet!

No comments: