Categories

Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2005

FFL (Supplement)

Oh crap, I feel embarassed now that Rudy's blog referred to mine when discussing his FFL picks. Whereas his contains some serious analysis, mine's just a peacocking of my squad, and an unashamed naming of RACHEL STEVENS as my manager ha ha... I don't know how damaging this is to my credibility... :p

So, I've decided to justify my picks, just in case those FFL players decide to wander into my blog from Rudy's. Similarly, if you've no interest in football, there's nothing here for you.

Let's see if I'm any good at this:

Geoff Horsfield: He got left out of the game against Chelsea midweek coz he's old, okay? No excuses. But that kind of made him a shoo-in against Birmingham. They lost but he accounted for both of West Brom's goals. Feel bad for Robson though...

Wayne Rooney: I hate his guts coz of his attitude but admittedly, he does perform. And he's a bit more mature this year... He's been in my team since the league started...

Mark Viduka: Aside from the fact he kicked off Mids win with two goals, Charlton won to Wigan and Sunderland, who aren't exactly great teams. PLUS HE'S AUSSIE!!!! Oi! Oi! Oi!

Trevor Sinclair: I picked him last week coz he was cheap, and he ended up scoring my only goal for MidWeek!!! I repaid my faith in him by retaining him in the squad, naming him Captain whilst Gerrard was unavailable, and he scored 10.5 not bad.

Joey Barton: Yeah, thanks to Sinclair, I got interested in Man City, and they are now my 2nd favourite team after Liverpool. Could have done better though...

Gary Speed: Picked coz of Bolton's reputation in doing well in set-pieces. On hindsight, should have picked a different Bolton fella.

Morten Gamst Pedersen: okay, i admit it. I picked him coz everyone else did last week, but he didn't do as well this week.

Asier Del Horno: This vice-captain of mine is incredibly hard working. I saw his potential after 1st week and subsequently picked him. Fast becoming an MVP. As a defender, he even scored a goal, ha ha!

Nigel Reo-coker: Um, same as Rudy. Read it over there!

Leighton Barnes: Actually, I wanted Jensen, same as Rudy, but couldn't afford him. Settled for this Wigan guy, who turned out really well!

Van De Sar: heh, same as Rudy too! Plus the fact they're against Newcastle who are kinda struggling right now...

And that's it!!! Sound credible folks? Definitely had fun writing it!

No comments: