Categories

Pages

Monday, August 22, 2005

Interesting weekend...

Well, I ended up having an okay weekend:

Obviously, from the previous post, I had a neighbour's wedding to attend + help out on Saturday. Did some adjustments to my fantasy football team (more on this another time!), on Saturday morning, then went off with my folks to UKM for the wedding.

I ended up becoming one of the ushers/guest welcomers. I was located at the flower arch after the double doors. The original plan was as guests arrive, they should go through the flower arch. But half the time, they seemed to avoid the arch like the plague , veering left and right instead!

Highlights of the day:

1. Got paired with a considerably attractive Terengganu lass as usher. She's actually my back door neighbour's family friend, and I already knew her before, having met her when she visited my neighbour. Never realised how attractive she was until now though...

2. A makcik with a beaming smile went up to me and said, "Ni husband Salmah kan?" (You're Salmah's husband right?!!!!!!!)...... (sidenote: Salmah was a classmate I was interested in back at school. Incidentally, she is now happily married with a kid to boot!) Once again, I was speechless (twice in two days)...! I finally was able to stammer a few words, claiming that "No lah, that was an old story..." Even funnier, she apologised!

3. Bride and groom joined us at the archway to greet/thank the guests for coming. The groom turned out to be a quite cool dude. And suddenly, EVERYONE was going through the arch!

All in all, it was a great wedding, but standing around all day was more tiring than I thought it was gonna be!

And no, there weren't any occult related incidents, thank goodness... :)

1 comment:

ExecutorAzmin said...

Aye, made sure I didn't do THAT mistake again! Was decked out neatly in a red short-sleeve shirt!