Categories

Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Week 6: Acoustics round...

The RockStar INXS episode was quite unique this time, as all the songs chosen were done in acoustics. And most of the songs were pretty much mainstream music, as opposed to Rock stuff. And the rockers didn't get to choose this time around.

Marty: This was the freakiest!!!! Hearing Marty singing to the audience to "Hit Me Baby One More Time" sounded like a creepy track from a horror flick, haunting even.. And ... it sounded fantastic.

Mig: INXS seemed to love it. I thought the arrangement was great, but I didn't quite like the way his voice sounded at parts. But his presentation did have the desired effect... Based on INXS's remarks, I'm pretty sure he'll get an encore tomorrow.

Suzie: The surprise package of the competition. The CAT's still here! And I must admit, she did wonderfully well...

Jessica: She did Natalie Imbruglia's Torn. And INXS found a song that worked great for her. Should avoid the bottom three quality-wise.

Deanna: I think she struggled quite a bit here. Her voice, while can be great, definitely has issues.and I don't see INXS able to solve it.

J.D.: Lemme tell ya something about JD. He's not the best performer, his voice doesn't have as much quality as Jordis, Marty or Suzie, but what he does have though, is STAGE CHARISMA.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
JD, the bad boy whom girls just love...

Ty: I've figured out what I don't like about Ty. It's his expression. His wide smile, looks.... well... fake. And he doesn't seem to have a variety of expressions at all. He sings damn well, no doubt, but overall performance wise, he's not there.

Jordis: Compared to the 1st episode where Dana's version of Knocking on Heaven's Door made you want to go to hell instead, this was done beautifully. Unfortunately, I'm starting to wonder if she can sustain faster rock songs though.

My bottom three for this week are:

Ty, Deanna and Suzie (okay, admittedly I'm doing some perverse forecasting math here... I don't really think Suzie should be here). We'll see what happens tomorrow...

No comments: