Categories

Pages

Saturday, September 02, 2006

EPL YFF is back!!!

Unfortunately, I'm not.... at least quality-wise...

After 2 weeks, I'm looking like a pale shadow of the guy who finished 2nd place in the WGS league last season. At TT, I'm currently losing horribly in my WC group, (again, unlike last year where I pretty much strolled into the last 16). It's international break now though, which gives me a chance to regroup (currently in 9th position).

Transfer deadline has just passed, and crikey, the YFF world just got more complicated. The striker positions alone have got new choices like TEVEZ, Kuyt and Anelka! With such quality players at such cheap prices, it gets harder and harder to build the best squad. On the other side, I'm glad players like Reyes got kicked out of the EPL. I will never forget his rolling-onto-the-pitch incident....!

Of course, if lotsa players suddenly kop injuries during the internationals, it WOULD make things a lot easier... starting with Shevchenko and Ballack ha ha... okay, that's just me being cruel...

Here's my team as it stands (pre-transfer deadline effects):

Henry, Saha, Shevchenko, Ballack, Bullard, Rosicky, Fabregas, Aurelio, Shorey, Scharner, Jaaskelainen.

Yeah, I managed to squeeze Henry in. Amazing.

Saha currently looks long-term, as is Bullard. Yes, I've dropped last year's policy of having Stevie G a permanent fixture, because there's so much quality in the squad which reduces Steven Gerrard's necessity to be a one-man squad. I'm sticking with my no-Everton policy though, sorry ha ha...

Jaaskelainen at the Reebok against Watford appears to be the best chance of a CS. Scharner's there coz he's a midfielder listed in defence + he tries to score goals (it's a risk, coz he's almost a card magnet).

Yes, I'm expecting Arsenal to thrash Boro. No, Middlesbrough acquiring Woodgate doesn't change things much either. I CAN see myself replacing Shevchenko with either of those 3 strikers i mentioned earlier. Reason being Chelsea won't be THAT great coming off the internationals, so I won't put too much in them.

Finally, Aurelio could get replaced by Ashley Cole ceteris paribus. Yes, I feel sorry for Bridge, but somehow it keeps falling down...

Well, that's it for now. We'll see what happens after the Internationals aiight...

No comments: