Categories

Pages

Monday, September 18, 2006

Day 3 pt 1: Han Solo

Yeap, it's travel alone day! I had arranged to meet Ung Fang Sing (my sis) and her hubby, both ex-KPMG colleagues of mine who were working in London. Hafidz wanted to go off to look at designs (and a certain Stamford Bridge), so I went off solo.

Oh, btw, sore lack of pics for the day coz Hafidz had the camera. Didn't stop me at all though...

I bought a daily tube ticket coz I was only meeting UFS at one. So where did I go?

King's Cross Station, Liverpool Station, The Angel Islington, Euston Road, Northumberland Avenue, Mayfair... sound familiar??? Yes, it's the mini-Monopoly tour! Unfortunately, it was mini coz I simply did not have time to go to every stop on the Monopoly board. Didn't really care though coz I went to my favourite location of all time, The Angel Islngton. Had some fish and chips (magnificent), enjoyed lunch in the company of a random British couple Mark and Shevana (I think that's how it's spelled) found out that The Angel was originally an inn.

Oh, I also made it to Madame Tussaud's, although all I did was stare at the incredibly long queue of people trying to get in. Nearby, there was also the Sherlock Holmes Museum (yes, on Baker Street) which is, in a word, fascinating.

My rendezvous was at Canary Wharf, which was in Zone Two. Of course, once I met them, the 1st thing UFS commented was on how fat I was. We ended up going to a housewarming which was hosted by three more of my ex-KPMG colleagues! Two more arrived later, making me question my wisdom in leaving KPMG so soon..

While I was there, I had the opportunity to test my V DVDs. Suffice to say, they were in excellent condition and we were all soon reminiscing about this 80s series!

cont...

No comments: