Categories

Pages

Monday, September 04, 2006

Azmin's Awesome Adventure Pt 2

As I was part of the committee for my Company’s Staff Day that weekend, I had no time to actually think a lot about what I had won. The Staff Day itself had lots of interesting occurrences keeping my mind occupied.
The reality hit me on Monday, when I was back at work and Hawa from Fly FM called me up asking for names, ICs and passports. I panicked, because I actually thought the trip was in October! Turns out it was in two weeks time, i.e. August 17th-21st, and for me, Monday was a scramble to find a person to go with me who had a valid passport. I managed to narrow it down to Michelle, Ben and my cousin Ayu. In the latter half of the day I added my other cousin Hafiz (my mum thought it'd be a nice last bachelor trip), and in the end, he became my fellow traveler.
During the period that passed, I was informed by Hawa that we would receive our flight tickets on the day of departure itself. Typically, some of my family actually had misgivings that I had won, as there seemed to be NO real evidence around! (they never did catch any of those announcements on Fly FM about me winning...) As a result, the drive to the airport that Thursday morning had an air of doubt throughout.
Fortunately, all doubts were dispelled as we met Hawa and the Universal rep, Ronnie Gan at the airport, and received our tickets! It was indeed a reality! After saying goodbye to our respective folks, we headed over to Fly FM to chill before our flight. Yeap, the station’s in KLIA, for those who don’t know, hidden in terminal C5. The station's design was awesome though, it certainly made us wish we worked there! We got to see the DJs in action, and FlyGuy and Ben managed to squeeze in an interview with me and Hafiz. Was a bit nervous, but it was fun doing it! Oh, and DJ Nina was pretty darn cute too! We also had an insight into Hawa's work ethic, as she pretty much worked all the way till the final 30 minutes before our flight!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
With Rosyan, DJ Nina and Wan


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Azmin the Sound Engineer




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
READY TO FLY!!!!

To be continued....

No comments: