Categories

Pages

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

AAA, Day 2, pt 1: Chocolates are cheaper than water here!!!

When it comes to hotels, I'm big on complimentary breakfasts.

I always check what time they're on, and no matter how late I sleep, I always wake up for those. Always.

It's a fucking event on its own!

Anyways, I wake up far too early, 4ish, cursing as I do so. Obviously my body clock hasn't adjusted yet. I use the Force to fall back asleep, then wake up at 6. Damn it, still 1 1/2 hour more. Unfortunately the Force doesn't like being misused for such trivial matters, and thus, I am unable to sleep any further. Curses to the power of 16.

Turn on the TV instead. If you're a UK resident, then the morning shows are fine, coz you prob only catch a bit before heading of to do whatever you normally do. If you're a tourist, the morning shows can be darn annoying. After every half hour, they pretty much rehash everything from the previous half hour, albeit with updates. Apparently for 3 Hrs. I almost throw my last piece of Yorke at the damn box after the 3rd iteration. Fortunately, I put the throwing on the stack, and eat the choc in response. Everything resolves, choc is eaten, throwing fizzles, and damn box survives.

My cousin wakes around 7 and we get ready. At 7:30am I call our fellow travellers (yes, I CAN be anal about these things). Ronnie picks up, and I'm a bit surprised (thought he got lucky). Hawa in the background proceeds to yell, "He's not a virgin anymore!!!" My response, "Wasn't this news at least TEN years ago???" (He's 30, btw). Anyways, I ask if they wanna get breakfast. Ronnie says, "give us five minutes". Or ten. Can't remember but it felt like an eternity.

Complimentary breakfast turned out to be limited to toast and cereal, with a choice of juices and hot drinks. A complete English breakfast would cost extra, 7 pound 50 to be precise. Hey, if our sponsor isn't paying for it, I sure as hell ain't. Having said that, the toast tasted fantastic. We all had a lot, even though I had finished last night's Kebab a half hour ago!

Me and Hafiz went off to find a Cybercafe. Took us twenty minutes to find one open, and I stopped for a touristy pic with a double decker (hey, it's England). Updated my football team (yes, priorities).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Once back at the hotel, Ronnie announced that Tracy was coming along with us, and we'd detour to her hotel. Unsurprisingly Ronnie get us lost for awhile before finding it. (Apparently he took a cab the prior night). Tracy turned out to be quite a friendly person, and rather attractive too.

So we set off to Bayswater...

Shit, I haven't even made it past the morning yet, my entries are getting longer...

Tbc...

No comments: