Categories

Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Updates Updates!

Haven’t posted the last couple of days but not from lack of activity!

 

When last we met, I was going to go watch Indy. Unfortunately this didn’t happen coz while I was at my gal’s, she got a call to the hospital so our evening trip was to Serdang instead. I ended up waiting one and a half hours for her in the car, which sounds like a sad way to the spend the evening, except the following happened:

 

Got a call from Loco wondering if I was interested in participating in an Indiana Jones Treasure Hunt during the weekend. Apparently they needed replacements and wouldn’t have to pay anything for registration. Very tempting, init? Needless to say, I was in!

 

Saturday morning, I picked up Loco from Kelana Crimson (a trifle early than he expected :p), made our way to Capital Square and promptly got lost trying to find it, both of us not knowing it existed. Apparently our 3rd member Tech knew where it was, so a couple of phone calls later we were soon in front of the TGV and were treated to quite possibly the best breakfast I’ve ever had in a Treasure Hunt.  Hot curry with roti canai, curry puffs, and popiah , washed down with teh tarik/coffee, it was clearly a pleasant surprise, considering the last Hunt I attended (which was by the nonsense organisers from HELP) had them distributing to each team a bag of Koko Krunch cereal, a carton of milk, and four polysterine bowls! Wasn’t so much the food but the distribution that left much to be desired.

 

The treasure hunt got off to an auspicious start when the organisers accidentally revealed that the last stop would be at Sunway. What happened was we got our gift bags, which contained a nifty Indy hat, a token which we needed throughout the comp, Starbucks vouchers, a pair of cool slippers and not one, but TWO t-shirts. Tech wanted to change the sizes for his as he clearly couldn’t wear L. Me and Loco wanted to change ours too and after searching for awhile, one of the organisers told us that they’ll give us our replacements when we get to Sunway. Ooookay… We also decided that we’d use my car…

 

Summary of locations:

 

Capital Square – KLCC – Mines Wonderland – half of Cheras – Cheras Selatan – Kepong – 1 Utama – Sunway Pyramid.

 

Capital Square – ran to Starbucks downstairs got a clue, then err, took the lift back up to TGV. Yes, the lift. We didn’t seem to be in too much of a rush. Got a token, then rushed to the car. As we were running, my teammate reminded me to paste the car sticker, which I took from my bag and stuck on the car’s hood. I then wasted a few minutes getting lost looking for the exit to the car park.

 

KLCC – On the way, I asked Tech to get me my number from my bag to stick on my tee and imagine the laughter that ensued when he pulled out the huge sticker meant for the car! Clearly the small one I was supposed to wear was stuck on my car!

 

We arrived and I parked near the bus area in front of a bus behind a taxi. Both my teammates went off while I stayed with the car, forever hoping no security guard would notice and shoo me off. I decided to refix the stickers but for the life of me I  couldn’t find where my team put my sticker! Never mind, I’ll just remove the one on my hood first. So I got out, tore it off very shoddily and realised in horror that my car was moving backwards. Handbrake!!! Managed to get to it just in time, thus ensuing the race wouldn’t be the shortest one I ever attended.

 

Next entry: The horrors of Cheras

No comments: