Categories

Pages

Monday, August 16, 2004

Trash talking resumes

Sleepy Jedi confessions:

I realise I love going to weddings. On Saturday night, I attended a Magic the Gathering friend's wedding with Hafiz in Bangunan Risda somewhere in Ampang. (No don't ask me for directions) Hafiz got lost all by himself and without any help whatsoever from Yours truly. Of course I wasn't paying attention to the roads. Turns out the bridal couple would arrive late anyway, as is typical with weddings here in Malaysia.

Of course we ended up sitting with Magic players, and inevitably we talked about Magic. This included Jafar, everyone's favourite Malaysian Bangladeshi, and Syukri, also known as the Malaysian Idol crew who told me that I didn't make it to the next level. A good portion of our time was spent screwing Jafar over for being a lucksack throughout his entire Magic career. (Yes, this means that he consistently had higher finishes than me or Hafiz, despite starting late !)

Talk also turned to sms-voting reality shows, due to the fact that Malaysia's premier show, Akademi Fantasia was on that night as well. Found out later that a few of the attendees had brought Walkmans to listen through the broadcast!

Night ended with me trying to steal Ai Lin's boyfriend Julian away from her. Unsuccessful of course, as has been the established norms for me. (!) And we got fans for presents too! (a 1st for me)



RAW DEAL WWE POSTING

Well, Steel Cage is over, and let the Trash Talking resume. Andy's gonna get an earful from Ben Goldberg on Sunday I can guarantee you that. Despite actually losing to Andy in the preliminaries, Ben managed to avoid meeting Andy's B2P again who fell to the Undertaker played by Loco in the semis. So Goldberg remains supreme, and what does he do with his store credit? He buys the last starter in the store, Big Show, arguably a good foil against his own Goldberg deck!

Forward viewing, hopefully the Vengeance stock comes in timely so that the Pre-Release will go well (Vengeance has some of the most sought after rares from DO in its starters, eg. Lariat Takedown and Twisted Smiles). Hit the Motherlode!

No comments: