Categories

Pages

Monday, August 30, 2004

Late entries

Shoot! Haven't updated for quite a while. In truth I was writing up an update on Friday but the computer hanged when I was almost done (I'm sure people have experienced this before!) and I was so pissed I didn't replace my entry. Ah shoot...

Anyway, let's run a recap of significant events shall we?

Thursday night: Met up with two of my closest ex-colleagues from KPMG, Madelyn Tan and Ho Yun See. Had an amazing dinner at a mamak (ha ha where else?) and talked about life after KPMG. Hmmm... no pics of them on hand to scan into this blog. Maybe some other day...

Also, Johan came back from his games convention (GENCON) in US bringing tons of cool reading materials. Also, the story of WHY he didn't make it to Day Two of his VS tournament (hint: it's something i do a fair bit of at the Shop!)

Friday: Nothing significant, except that Johan left his Playstation in our apartment and needless to say, it was thoroughly abused Ha! Of course, the fact that my fingers were painful after just a few rounds meant that I was just hitting buttons any which way possible!

Saturday Night: Received a phone call from my dearest. Ha ha three actually due to faulty transmissions.Was frustrating at first, fortunately her third attempt came through loud and clear. Had a lovely time, it never ceases to amaze me how such events can lift you up. Now I know what Flying without Wings means....

Sunday: Held a WWE Raw Deal Cheap Ass Tournament at the Shop. Funny thing happened though: One of the instigators of this tournament, Arjun ended up not appearing in the tournament! Of course, his nemesis Ben was around and yup, he had his trash talking opportunity. Unfortunately, he lost in the finals to Edge piloted by Loco. Well done dude! This format was actually quite enjoyable because the banning of all rares meant that cards that usually don't see play ended up in several decks. May consider doing more in the near future...

Note to self: Too frequent use of '...' Must try to reduce no. of uses... Whoops there I go again!




1 comment:

triona said...

hey azmin i love ure blog. but u noe wats missing!!! meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! im not mentioned at all!!! am i that unintresting? hmmmphhhhh!!!!!!!!!