Categories

Pages

Friday, August 20, 2004

One fun day ~ but something still missing...

Yesterday was fun!!! I took the day off, went with Shaz to KL to meet up with Imesh, our mutual Indonesian friend, her mom and her aunt and went shopping!!! This is where Shaz's experience as a tour guide shines through all that muck he makes himself out to be. From Chocolate Specialty shoppes to batch pen orders, he sure does know his tourism stuff!

We went to Shaz's office to purchase tickets to Malacca for our three Charlie's Angels, then it was off to Mid Valley Megamall. I realised I had not been there for ages ~ maybe since my department's bowling fun in March (?) but I guess there's not much in terms of change. ]

We kidnapped Imesh from her elders who were purchasing shoes at Vincci, went off buying her friend's makeup, from Lancome to Maybelline, browsed awhile through MPH (where I made some screwed up conversation slip ups with Imesh), when her mum called her for lunch and where were her mum and aunt? Still at Vincci!!! Oh wow, and I thought the Australian folks I brought to Sungai Wang Plaza 5 years ago were taking their time!

Lunch was a treat by Imesh's mum, then shop a bit more in the Mall before heading of to IKEA in 1 Utama. I had never been there before and it was larger than I thought. Apparently it's the biggest IKEA in Asia. We kept losing track of each other, not too mention some accidental revision of parts of the ground floor thanks to some sneaky shortcuts. And boy were the mattresses amazing!!! I was feeling a bit tired by then (thanks to lack of exercise) and decided that most of the mattresses were overdue for some quality testing. Ha ha needless to say they all passed with flying colours....

From there it was a drop off to their hotel, trip back home for a short break, then back with just Shaz and Imesh for a fun karaoke session guest starring sleazy Andy from Amcorp Mall!! The place we went looked so sleazy that if it wasn't for the fact that Imesh was there, I wouldn't be surprised if the waiters popped in asking if we wanted any girls to sit in with us!

Unfortunately the day ended and we finally retired. Had a short conversation with Imesh at her hotel lounge, then it was a fast drive back home, where we collapsed into our respective beds.

One fun day ~ but something still missing...

Imesh's lesbian partner isn't here with her...

aRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrgGGGGGgggggghHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh... let me go to Jakarta!!



1 comment:

Fina Thorpe-Willett said...

promise myself, will get the time to spend my days to explore more about your home country, especially the city.
with such good companions like You and shaz, there'll be no doubt to have it come true.. :)
and, of course explore the companion itself too..