Categories

Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A weekend reunion!

Faithful readers will remember about a month ago that I was harping about not being able to meet Yee Leng, a dear friend from Melbourne working in Singapore. Luckily enough, last week, she was back again in Malaysia, and, through some political wrangling, I was able to ensure that I would be free Saturday morning to meet up with her!

Sg Buloh is extremely far from Bangi though!!!

Her housing area was called Valencia (yes, you football freakos, Valencia!) and security in the area was tight! I passed through THREE security checkpoints before making it to her house, a delightful corner lot.

Being the supercool guy that I am, I managed to maintain my composure upon meeting her. Internally I was ecstatic though! Her dad was around (i had met him twice before, once in Melbourne, and once in their old place in Banting with my folks) and we ended up chatting quite a lot! Her family ranks in the Top 5 on my list of " friendly and hospitable family of friends", which, incidentally, is topped by Fina's family. :p

We could've gone on and on, but I came here to catch up with Yee Leng too! So, I took her out. First she gave me a short tour of the clubhouse where she hangs out and does her internet surfing, then we proceeded to 1 Utama for more walking and talking :) Talked bout all sorts of stuff, everything from Australia, to Sg Buloh, from friends to family, and worklife and relationships!

Popped by at Fish and Co to say hi to Sierra, then proceeded to get lost looking for the food court. In the end, we decided to double back and have lunch at Fish and Co instead! Lunch was great, I had the cajun style fish while Yee Leng took the coriander. Sierra popped by every now and then to chat. To top it all off, Yee Leng 'belanja'd me as well! Yeap, Azmin knows no shame...

Unfortunately, I couldn't stretch it much further coz I had a wedding to attend (Yes, Michelle, another one!) I sent her back and was just in time to catch YL's mum returning from work. Had a brief chat before I left, and said sayonara! In all I had a lovely time!

Footnote 1: YL's dog, Ginger, is about one of the most friendliest dogs I've ever encountered. Eeps, Hasan, don't get angry now alright!
Footnote 2: The wedding included Satay in it so I was practically stuffed by the end of the day!!! Yummy.....

No comments: