Categories

Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2005

The YFF SQUAD

My football fantasy team for the weekend, subject to Injuries of course:

Forwards
Darren Bent – So he didn’t score against Chelsea. Big deal. It doesn’t displace the fact that he’s been a scoring revelation for Charlton, and a consistent goalscorer. My only regret was not picking him at the start. He’s been scoring like no one’s business. Also, having his price drop after the match was tempting.
Michael Owen – At 7.79, this guy is a steal, and appears to be helping Newcastle gain momentum. His track record is impeccable, and the only reason he didn’t score in his 1st match was due to poor Midfielder support.
J. Floyd Hasselbaink – Okay, this guy’s a gamble. I had Mark Viduka in his place, but then I found out that he’s recovered from injury. He’s only played 3 games for only 2.5 pts??? Big risk, but one I’m willing to take.

Midfielders
Danny Murphy –After watching him play two weeks ago, I liked what I saw. Considering he gave me 9.5 pts against Chelsea, that makes him strong enough in my book.
Charles N Zogbia – Suddenly this guy looks a lot more attractive after scoring two goals in two matches. Currently he appears to be the sole Midfielder doing a good job for Newcastle, offering great support to the two strikers up front. At 7+, he’s also quite cheap for the performances he’s put up.
Steven Gerrard – I know I may seem biased, but this guy is doing so much in Liverpool compared to his teammates it’s ridiculous. I’ll only leave him out if he’s injured.
Matthew Etherington – Okay, this needs some explanation, especially in respect of the fact that West Ham are against Arsenal this weekend. Truth be told, I DREAMED I picked him this week. The Force is strong in this one.

Defenders
Jamie Carragher – Liverpool’s defence appears strong enough against a weakening Birmingham attack.
Chris Powell – Seems like a Charlton invasion, doesn’t it? Let’s just say I was disappointed by two of my favourite teams, Bolton and Man C (AFTER Liverpool of course!), so I’m being sulky.
N. Jensen – Tottenham are upset, no doubt about it, after their past few performances. I see Jensen doing a lot of work this weekend, even if Fulham loses, I’m sure he’ll get good points.

Goalkeeper
J. Reina – After two successful performances in my team, I see no reason to kick him out.

Other options:
Robbie Van Persie – Normally I wouldn’t choose an Arsenal player, but my Manager, Rachel Stevens thinks he’s hot! Hey, if you got a red card for inadvertently kicking a defender in the face, you’d be hot too!
Mark Viduka – It’s still a toss-up really between him and Hasselbaink. I just feel that Jimmy’s more hungry for goals at this point.
Peter Crouch – It’s a hunch, one I’m not sure I should follow up on.
Trevor Sinclair – He’s been a mainstay of my team before that injury he picked up against Bolton. If he recovers, I’d be hard-pressed not to put him back in.
Azier Del Horno – I’ll definitely make room for him if he recovers, even if I have to spend more than I did originally to get him back. This guy is DA BOMB!

The main issue with the selected team: Too Many AWAY matches. Then again, Newcastle did a spectacular job against Blackburn last week, so I’m hoping more of these anomalies happen.

3 objectives for the week:
Pull away from Who Needs Owen
Score 100+ points
Narrow the gap between S Club Executor and Deportivo de la Muerte

Here we go!

No comments: