Categories

Pages

Friday, October 14, 2005

My YFF team for the week!!!

It's really been a headache trying to choose players for the weekend, considering the last session was horrible and left me hanging precariously on my 4th position, with Tish and a runaway pig hot on my heels.

Add to my captain being incapacitated for the weekend at least, and suddenly a whole lot of options presented itself. After a lot of hairpulling and headscratching, this is the team I've decided to go with, unless sudden injuries present themselves tomorrow:

Strikers:
Owen: I got him at bargain basement pricing, and knowing his quality, I can't see myself letting him go regardless of whoever his opposition is.
Bent: Ditto, although his quality probably isn't as established as Owen's.
Defoe: This slot was the worst to fill in. I was trying to decide between him and Rooney, but in the end my enmity towards Everton prevailed.

Midfielders:
Murphy: I've got an affinity for this guy, currently my longest serving midfielder now that Gerrard decided to hurt himself.
Jarosik: I understand he's returned from injury and he scored the one time I had him. Hopefully he gets a start! (Yes, it's a gamble)
Greening: Yeap, another gamble. I like West Brom for reasons unclear even to me, and if it wasn't for the fact that Tottenham were playing Everton, I'dve have picked Horsfield instead of Defoe up there! Besides, if Y2J did well with this fella, I guess he deserves a look.
Pennant: Another Birmingham player. Yeap, I'm tipping Birmingham to win the derby! Anyways, Pennant's a reliable fantasy pick regardless.

Defenders:
Carragher: My Liverpool pick for the week. Don't argue.
Powell: Yes, there's a Charlton pattern running through my team here. Powell tends to get forward a fair bit, which is always good fantasy wise.
Del Horno: Despite the fact that I hope Chelsea lose this weekend, Del Horno's a must have in any team. Don't think anyone would disagree with me here.

Goalkeeper:
Reina: Okay, maybe some explanation is needed here, esp. considering the dismal performance last week. Well, originally I had Scott Andersen in this position, but apparently Charlton's 1st keeper, Kiely has recovered from injury. There is some uncertainty as to which one Curbishley will choose for this Monday but no real way of knowing who it'll be. As such, I'm defaulting to Reina (can't really afford anyone else, and no, I'm not taking Kirkland just yet.) There's a theory that Liverpool tend to perform better as a team without Gerrard, so hopefully, that theory pans out this weekend.

Additional notes:
I've ignored Man U vs Sun mainly coz I can't afford RvP, and I expect Defoe to score more than Rooney this weekend. Man C vs West Ham is a tough one, I really can't say who has the upper hand. Mids vs Portsmouth: I happen to like Middlesbrough actually (mainly due to Viduka, he's Aussie!!!) but they rotate their players way too often for my liking, and I'm not really keen on Yakubu.

To you bravehearts out there, if you're feeling lucky, pick up Aston Villa or West Ham's 2nd choice keeper!

Good luck everyone!!!

No comments: