Categories

Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Dirty Dozen

It's Rockstar:INXS time!!!! (think I'm getting a bit obsessed here!)

Well, as you all know from last week's episode, J.D.'s comments about him loving INXS songs compared to the rest of the group, who have to learn them, didn't sit well with the rest. Antagonism towards him has obviously not gone away and it showed this week.

This week's clinic was rather interesting (unlike last week's which I didn't bother commenting on). The focus was stagecraft and the comments from the two members of INXS were quite insightful, too bad it wasn't an hour show.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Dirty Dozen

But, the concert was not as good as before, maybe due to the songs available. A lot of the singers seem to have problems with more mellow songs.

Concert Report cards!

1. Mig : For someone whom I originally said "Nope" to, I have slowly been forced to eat my words here. Great performance!

2. J.D. : Looks like the gang has problems believing anything he says now. And his excuse for not doing the song well was pathetic. Terrible showing.

3. Heather : She didn't look scary today, and somehow it affected her singing. Apparently she really WAS sick this time and looked it.

4. Brandon : He sang Twisted, a song which I absolutely LOVE. I first heard the song in Reality Bites (awesome Movie) and it was primarily for this song I bought the soundtrack. BUT! He sang the song horribly!!! This just could be his downfall.

5. Daphna: Going the total opposite of INXS here. One of INXS went so far as to say she murdered the song. I Have to disagree totally! I think she sang great! If anyone murdered a song, it was Brandon! But I hated her outfit, though.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Daphna Dove

6. Suzie: She's definitely improved, I'll haveta say, definitely one of the harder working contestants here, if only for the fact she listens to criticism and works on it. Will survive again, the cat, but I stand by what I said last week.

7. Tara : Could be better, but comparatively to the other singers she did well. Then again, maybe I'm biased coz I'm partial to David Bowie songs...

8. Ty : Fantastic job.

9. Deanna : I thought she recovered very well after being shafted the previous week, and should avoid elimination

10. Jordis: Love the song (Gimme gimme some lovin') and she lived up to it, regaining my confidence in her.

11. Jessica: I didn't like this either. Jessica's steam seems to be running out

12. Marty: The best performance of the evening! I'm slowly warming up to his voice too!

Finding the bottom three is hard coz a lot of them didn't do well. Here's my list, in no particular order:

Jessica, J.D., Brandon (Yes, I am VERY upset with Brandon's treatment of the song!)

Had to choose between Jessica and Heather, but if Heather drops to bottom three, she won't get kicked coz of her previous solid performances.

So am I totally off my element here!? We'll find out tomorrow!!

No comments: