Categories

Pages

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Fantasy Football Early Thoughts Gameweek 33


Teams with double gamers are: Man Utd, Fulham, Arsenal, West Ham, Everton.

YFF:

My team as it stands:

Fabianski
Koscielny Mbiwa Pogatetz
Gerrard Coutinho Rosicky Townsend
Suarez Gervinho Aguero

I am torn with the decision of whether or not to keep my Liverpool trio? Why, when other teams have two matches? They play Reading, the matchup doesn’t get any better than that. I was expecting to barndoor Rooney this morning, but Man U were poor and even their point generation was lacking. Barndoored Aguero instead but I don’t see him staying. Should leave for either Rooney, Giroud, Carroll, Ruiz, or Berbatov.

7 DGers for now (the 4 SGers being Mbiwa, Gerrard, Coutinho, Suarez). Townsend will leave for Diame. Maybe. No issue with my GK, everyone else is just too pricey.
If I decide to dump Suarez, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Rooney AND RVP in my lineup come the weekend.

Draft team:

Fabianski
Koscielny Mbiwa Pogatetz
Gerrard Coutinho Rosicky Diame.
Suarez Gervinho Rooney

Two units left over, Rooney’s a huge gamble but it’s against two physical sides in Stoke and West Ham. He’s penalty taker over RVP if I’m not wrong.

FAPL: 
Saving the transfer last week turned out well! Scored better than my competition and now have 2 transfers to play with in this double week.

I don’t see any CS for the taking so switching keepers from Jussi (who currently has the BEST point to price ratio) is out. I'm looking at removing Stoke’s Cameron and Newcastle’s Cisse. Aside from both having one less match to go in total, here’s a few more reasons:

Stoke are hopeless right now and their days of being a fortress at home seem long gone. With them being on a downward spiral, there’s a good chance Pulis might try to change things around, even if they do face Arsenal this week, who tend to have trouble dealing with their physicality.

Despite scoring the goal against Fulham, Cisse was guilty of way too many missed chances. Newcastle are one step closer to safety there’s a chance of them tapering off. In any case I have Cabaye, who is currently a better FAPL player than YFF.

So, who to pick? Everton are out (personal principle). Not going Man U either, the only way for me to afford Rooney/RVP is to sell Suarez, and that’s a no given Suarez faces Reading. The rotation risk is just not worth it, and having Kagawa is more than enough to suffer any grief. Man U’s matches are both away anyway.

The players I’m looking at are Koscielny, a Fulham defender, Giroud, Ruiz, Carroll, Berbatov. I can only afford one more Arsenal player. If I ended up removing a midfield player it would be for Nolan, but it would be for Cabaye (not keen). Berbatov is the obvious striker pick, but Ruiz could be a good differential. Carroll is playing for a contract and is motivated. Giroud is in the better team, but his form has been poor.

Defender-wise, Koscielny seems to be the only real option, which renders the Giroud move undoable. No idea with West Ham’s injury-ravaged back line, Pogatetz could be decent if the people he’s replacing are definitely out, but I’m more tempted to go for a Fulham defender, which one though?

Gosh that’s a lot!

No comments: