Categories

Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend bites 27th-28th April

Hello Kitty madness returns



Ok, this wasn't strictly speaking the weekend, but this was the scene on Friday lunchtime at McDonald's.

They recently launched another set of Hello Kitty, it's not one of those special sets, like those cultural outfits, the wedding outfits, the ones that actually sparked a riot in Singapore about a dozen years ago. This time the dolls dressed in McDonald's characters, which isn't that special I would think.

But that didn't prevent the hordes from materialising anyway. I was really hungry by the time I got my food.

And I ended up helping to buy one for my boss. Yes you read it right ha ha...

Sorry, you'll need to look elsewhere for a picture of the actual doll. Try this link.

My 35th Birthday

I celebrated my birthday on Saturday 27th April. My folks were actually having a makan-makan (ie food fest) in Bangi and invited some of my relatives. The main reason was really to celebrate Budi, my cousin, getting her PhD. (I had to look up how to capitalise PhD btw. I don't have one clearly!)

Then at one point my mom went to wake up Zharif for the surprise birthday cake. I believe my mom made the mistake of asking Kak Intan to call Raudha because Zharif had woken up. Kak Intan made the call, but I'm the one who jumped up faster and went. Only to discover the cake...



Sheesh, I look so out of shape. I shouldn't have eaten my own cake...

Thanks to all those who wished me well on Facebook and Whatsapp. You guys are great! And thanks to Liverpool for a nice 6-0 win over Newcastle :)




Sunday Exercise

Zharif didn't sleep at all during the day on Sunday, even after class. I ended up bringing him and Raudha along to TTDI park. He got to use his still new bike outdoors while I got to do my weekly jog. Well, theoretically for me anyway.

I didn't warm up properly so my ankle started aching. I ended up doing only two rounds of the park which sucks. But it was nice to bring my family around, and Raudha commented that it's actually quite a nice park. I totally agree.

We met my colleague Sherry just as I was leaving. I had this selfish thought hoping she would end up running even less than me. Yes I can be a prick sometimes lol.




Still working on his cycling motion, not quite there yet.

Game of Thrones

I caught up to episode four of season 3. Thanks to a Mr. Ti for the episodes.

I found this funny report about Game of Thrones being the most illegally downloaded series of 2012, and S3 Episode 1 breaking multiple records:

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/04/game-of-thrones-season-3-piracy/

Guilty as charged. I didn't download season 3 myself, but I probably would have. I gave up watching the butchered version on Astro two seasons ago.

On a separate note, Bran looks so grown up! Won't be long before he'll finally be allowed to watch in full the  series he's starring in :p



No comments: