Categories

Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013


Yesterday I managed to get some quality time with Zharif. Cue celebrations!

Let's face it, most of the time when his Mummy's around, I'm pretty much a non-entity.  I can't lie down next to him, I can't give him food, I can't make his milk, I can't bathe him. He'll insist on Mummy doing it, saying stuff like "Daddy taknak. Daddy taknak go down. Daddy tak boleh sit here!" (No to Daddy, Daddy don't come down, daddy don't sit here!). The only time I get mostly is bergasak, bergumpal physical wrestling time.

So yesterday was the first time in a while that Mummy was on call on a Sunday. As much as I felt bad for my wife, I haveta say I had a great time with Zharif. The first indication is while I was sending my wife to work, my mom-in-law wanted to give him a shower, and he told them "tak nak, nak tunggu daddy!" (no, wanna wait for daddy!)

When I came back,  he was busy with his new bike(thanks to his grandparents!) in his pajamas.





We ended up bringing Subway to my wife so I brought him along. Afterwards, gave him a shower, I took him to his playschool (he was very excited to go, he kept saying "Nak pergi Curve, "Nak go Tumbletots!") He enjoyed the activities (although again he refused to participate in the sing-alongs), made a new friend named Eva.


We had Sushi King afterwards as a bit of a reward for him being cheerful and mostly cooperative, and for the first time he had some of the sushi rice. Usually he would have his Udon Mee followed by Yakult + Ice cream. But this time, he tried it and liked it, even when I tinged it with some soy sauce and a wee bit of wasabi. Looks like I can experiment more next time :p
Anticipating wasabi?

We played a bit in the arcade before we went back around 3. He wanted to stay on but it was clear he was already quite tired, and he ended up falling asleep in the car so we went home. I put him on his mattress but he kept adjusting himself to the floor.


Usually I'd go for a jog around 5pm at TTDI but I couldn't as there was no one else around to take of the dude. I actually thought of bringing him along to the park with his bike later but he woke up after 6pm which was a bit too late. When he woke, my mum-in-law took him to Giant followed with a visit to rumah Mak Aza which is just in Kelana Jaya as well.

I ended up walking there around 7pm to do some car management and I got to drive back Mak Kati's nice Merc with Zharif in the passenger seat.

Gave him a shower in the evening, did some jigsaw puzzles, introduced him to cricket (!) and he ended the day watching some barney ABC videos before falling asleep at a bit after 1. Yes, we're still working on normalising his sleep patterns :p I didn't spend the entire evening with him, he allocated his precious time with everyone around in the house. :D






Yes, I know, he keeps falling asleep on the floor, that's a no-no with Mummy around.... :p Of course, I moved him to the bed!
  


All in all, it was pretty mundane when you look back at it, but for me, the time spent was priceless.              

No comments: